As we all saw yesterday, Shahid Afridi has an interesting choice in what constitutes food – maybe he is feeling a little bit deranged following his surprising omission from the forthcoming IPL? In any case, I have it on good authority that although Afridi was not impressed with the taste of said cricket ball it did not rank in the seven worst things he has ever eaten.
Without further ado, here is the exclusive list:
1.Snails – Even Afridi couldn’t believe these were a delicacy in France.
2.Tinned prunes – On a trip to an English public school, Afridi nearly choked on what is a staple food for Britain’s next generation of politicians, cricketers, bankers and business leaders.
3. Kentucky Fried Chicken – A trip to the Australian dressing room for a bite to eat was strictly a one-off experience for Afridi after he had sampled the Colonel’s fare.
4. Rice cakes – When his mate Shoaib was on one of his many diets, Afridi made the mistake of trying one of his rice cakes. Yuk!
5. Sauerkraut – On a stopover in Frankfurt, Afridi found out why German food is reviled all over the continent.
6. Australian bush tucker – Afridi’s mate Phil Tufnell brought some of this back from the jungle and it made Boom Boom retch retch.
7. Any IPL branded food – It just leaves a sour taste in Afridi’s mouth.
Latest World Cricket Stories
Liked this post? You should subscribe to our email updates - why subscribe.